St. Alban-Anlage 66,
4052 Basel, Switzerland
Tel. +41 61 683 77 34
Fax: +41 61 302 89 18
For more contact information, see here.
北京pk10高手计划群:Article Processing Charges (APC) Information
- General Information on MDPI’s Article Processing Charges (APC)
- Avoiding Surcharges from Extensive English Editing or Extensive Reformatting on Submitted Articles
- Funding of APCs
- Discounts on APCs
- Accepted Currencies
- Accepted Methods of Payment
General Information on MDPI’s Article Processing Charges (APC)
MDPI publishes all its journals in full open access under a Creative Commons (CC BY) license. This allows the scientific community and the general public to gain unlimited, free and immediate access to scholarly articles, and to reuse the content freely provided that proper attribution is given to the original authors.
To cover the cost for providing our high-quality publishing service and free access to readers, authors pay a one-time article processing charge (APC) for manuscripts accepted after peer-review. There are no charges for rejected articles, no submission charges, and no surcharges based on the length of an article, figures or supplementary data. Editorial items (Editorials, Corrections, Additions, Retractions, Letters, Comments, etc.) are published free of charge.
APCs cover the following:
- The editorial procedure, including administration related to peer review, author revisions, and final decision-making. MDPI employs in-house staff to manage the majority of this process, leaving editorial board members to make key scientific decisions and allowing them to concentrate on their research. To demonstrate its appreciation of the important work done by reviewers and editorial board members, MDPI provides them with APC discounts and waivers. APCs also cover for the administrative work done for rejected articles. In 2017, MDPI’s rejection rate across all its journals was 59%.
- Article production: professional language editing, type-setting, formatting, and production in PDF, XML, HTML, and Epub formats.
- Article hosting and dissemination: website maintenance, contact with indexing databases.
- Journal administration: including managing the journal website and editorial board, and promotion of the journal among the research community.
- Philanthropy: MDPI invests in projects that benefit the research community, including prizes, awards, and conference sponsorship. We run not-for-profit platforms such as Scilit (scilit.net), Sciforum (sciforum.net) and Preprints (preprints.org) free of charge to users.
At MDPI, overheads and management costs are kept to a minimum and none of the journal management, production, or IT tasks are outsourced to third parties.
Discounts and Waivers
Members of societies affiliated to an MDPI journal, and researchers at institutions that are members of the Institutional Open Access Program benefit from a discount.
For journals in fields with low levels of funding, where authors typically do not have funds available, APCs are typically waived and cross-subsidized from fields for which more APC funding is available. For authors from Low and Middle income countries, waivers or discounts may be granted on a case-by-case basis. Applications submitted before article submission are assessed by the Managing Editor based on the quality of the research article and the authors’ ability to pay.
The APC by journal is given in the table below. Publication in the first few issues of a new journal is usually free of charge.
Please note that the APCs for articles submitted after 30 June 2019 will change for several journals, see the following page for details.Knowledge Unlatched; please contact the editorial office before submission to check the availability of KU waivers and discounts.
Avoiding Surcharges from Extensive English Editing or Extensive Reformatting on Submitted Articles
Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions. If you use an alternative service that provides a confirmation certificate, please send a copy to the Editorial Office. Authors from developing countries should consider registration with AuthorAid, a global research community that provides networking, mentoring, resources and training for researchers in developing countries.
Funding of APCs and BPCs
Many funding agencies and institutions explicitly allow the use of research grants for the payment of APCs and BPCs for publishing open access articles and books. For more information on APC and BPC funding see the following page.
Discounts on APCs
MDPI provides discounts for authors under an Institutional Open Access Program (IOAP) and has established agreements with over 300 institutions. If your institution does not yet participate, you may recommend the program to your librarian using the following page.
Waivers may be granted at the Publisher's discretion and should be discussed with the editorial office when submitting the article. The editorial decision making is decoupled from the authors' ability to pay the Processing Charges, however authors should consider in advance whether they have sufficient funds to cover the full APC/BPC.
MDPI also offers discount vouchers to selected reviewers.
We accept payments in Swiss francs (CHF), Euro (EUR), US Dollars (USD) or Pound Sterling (GBP). Upon acceptance, the corresponding/submitting author will receive an e-mail with a link where the currency of the invoice can be changed.
Accepted Methods of Payment
MDPI currently supports the following payment methods:
- Wire Transfer in Swiss Francs (CHF)
- Wire Transfer in Euros (EUR)
- Wire Transfer in US Dollars (USD)
- Wire Transfer in Pound Sterling (GBP)
- Payment with Credit Card
- Online Payment by PayPal
- Cheques Payable to MDPI
For more detailed information on how to pay an invoice, please see our Payment Instructions.
APCs are payable within 5 to 10 business days.
Invoices are emailed shortly after acceptance to the payment contact provided by the authors. Only official invoices issued by MDPI (@www.0dv0k.cn) are valid. We do not authorize any third party to collect the APCs. MDPI is the sole service provider and cannot be held liable for actions by third parties.
For wire transfers, we ask the customer to pay the fees for both the sender and the recipient bank, so that MDPI receives the full invoiced amount. If you wish to pay by cheque, please add 12 CHF for processing fees.
Authors from Switzerland will have the local Value Added Tax (VAT) added to their invoices.